-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

, started missing and read some tips u gave other guys,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: started missing and read some tips u gave other guys, it had a p2149 code, so omh everything, all injectors under 1.0, wiring good though the valve cover gasket, so I started pulling injector wires one at a time, number 4 it didn't set the code when it was unplugged, changed the injector and same ploblem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

The injector spec is .6 and if any ohme more or less they are bad. The code P2149 is BANK 2 (CYLINDERS 4-6) SHORTED HIGH OR LOW. Meaning your issue is with the back 3 cylinders. You will want to load test the injector wire harness by using a test light as a load. Unplug the injector harness at the ECM and unplug all injectors. Clamp a test light to battery positive. Probe each injector high side driver at the ECM connector. If the test light illuminates repair the shorted high side driver injector wire. Probe each injector low side driver at the ECM connector. If the test light illuminates repair the shorted low side injector driver wire. Probe each high and low side injector driver wire at the six injector connectors. If the test light illuminates repair the shorted high or low side injector driver wire. Pick an injector high side driver wire. Ground one end of the high side injector driver wire at the ECM connector. Probe the other end of the injector high side driver at the injector connector. The test light should light bright. If it does not light or illuminates dim repair the damaged high side driver wire. There are two high side driver wires at the ECM connector. Each high side driver feeds three injectors. One high side driver feeds the injectors at cylinders 1, 2,and 3. The other high side driver feeds the injectors at cylinders 4, 5, and 6. Repeat the above steps to test the second injector high side driver wire. There are six injector low side drivers that must be tested. Pick a injector low side drive wire and ground one end (ECM connector side or Injector connector side). Probe the ungrounded end of the injector low side driver with your test light. The test light should light bright. If it does not light or illuminates dim repair the damaged high side driver wire. Repeat these steps for the five other injector.

One at a time, disconnect both wires from each injector and insulate the terminal ends so the circuit will not short to ground on the effected bank (1-3 for P2146 or 4-6 for P2149). Clear the codes and start the engine, check if the same code resets. If an injector is disconnected and the code does not reset, replace that injector.

I hope this helps,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand brad, I am down to the number 4 , with wires hooked up on number 4 it shuts the number 5 and 6 injectors down , I think goes in to limp mode, rums on the first 3 cylinders, so with number 4 un plugged I get no p2149, and it picks 5 and 6 up, changed the number 4 injector still same problem
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like a wiring issue with #4. I would load test the wires or just replace the valve cover gasket which has them built in it..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have .07 ohms from injectors out on all of the wires out of each injector to where the wiring plugs in the valve cover gasket
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Did you use a Bosch injector? I re-read your reply and if the code is gone when you disconnect #4 and comes back when you connect the injector then the injector is bad. Have you tried swapping #4 with #5 to see if the misfire moves?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I haven't but I put a new bosch injector from dodge in, and it didn't change
code goes away when not plugged in, hook 4 up and u loose 5 and 6 to with a new injector
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

What does #5 and #6 ohm at? And I'm glad you used a good Bosch injector because I get many customers that use el chepo ones that cause more issues..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Also what year is your Dodge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07 and 07, always use dodge parts, and its an 07 with a 5.9
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I attached the test for a 2007 as well as the wiring diagram. Since it's a Bosch injector it would have to be a bad valvecover gasket. Allthough it ohms at .7 doesn't mean it will carry a load.. If you want to test you will need to load test the wires by disconnecting the ECM and testing each wire with a fog light to see if ti will carry a load by seeing if the fog light is bright or dim. You can have 1 strand of wire and it show .7 ohms but will cause the light to illuminate dim or at all. When the ECM sends 90 volts to each injector and if it sends the voltage and see's a open or shorted, it will shut off that bank.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that right now thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome..

You have my curiosity so let me know what you find..

Have a great evening,

Brad