-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Morning My 2012 dodge charger is giving me problems. All of

Customer Question

Customer: Morning my name is Velinda. My 2012 dodge charger is giving me problems. All of a sudden the check engine light will come on and the car stalls and won't go into park. My dad showed me the fuse box and took a fuse out which lets me put it back in park to get it to work again. I've taken it to two mechanics and the dealer who can't seem to find the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The abs and traction lights are constantly staying on Seems like my brakes get stuck but I've taken them to get looked at the technician said they were fine So I'm driving my car and the check engine light comes on and then it stalls, so I pull over, unable to put the car in park, so I put my parking break on, open the fuse box, take the fuse out, think it's number 25 and then the car cuts off and I place the fuse back in like after 3 minutes and the car is able to run normally, but the check engine lights stays on for a couple of days and then it disappears the abs and traction lights stay on most of the time, and occasionaly turn off. The tire pressure light constantly stays on too
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes Anything to get my car up and running.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

In order to see what's going on you will need to post the codes it has active and stored and what parts has been replaced..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Brad:I have attached a picture of the error I get. When I'm driving the car the car stalls and the check engine light comes on.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

Those are your check engine light and ABS light.. In order for me to tell you how to fix it I will need for you to have the codes read and post them here.. They will be a code like P1234. When I get the codes I will know how to tell you how to fix it..

Thanks,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where would I go to get that done?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

You may can get it done for free at any parts store... If not you will need a scantool and not a code reader to retrieve the codes.. It maybe as simple as a bad wheel speed sensor but we won't know which wheel until you get the codes..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is what it's showing
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the codes!!

I attached the test needed to be followed to determine the cause.. It could be a bad shifter causing your issues or a speed sensor.. It would also help to know what codes are in the ABS module..