Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 brake lights do not work or the rear

Customer Question

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 brake lights do not work or the rear turn signals....any thoughts?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was anything done on the vehicle recently that may have caused this issue here?

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced for this fault here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I replaced the two front light complete housing because one of them were cracked so I got two new ones to keep the truck looking good. Other than that, nothing else was done. Oh, I had some battery posts issues but I replaced them and all is well with the battery.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Can you tell me the engine liter size in this model here so I can check into the correct info for this model on this here?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5.7 Hemi
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Does the center (3rd) brake light work at all when applying the brake pedal with the key on or engine running?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

O.k.,since all fuses are good here and your 3rd brake light does work with this issue here most common to cause this fault here is the Totally Integrated Power control module.This control module sends the signals out to the brakes and turn signals to actuate them.We know the brake light switch is o.k. because your 3rd brake light does work so this leaves this control module as the cause and is a common component that fails and causes this fault here.This is located under the hood on the drivers side as seen here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rmmtsahj0j5l64/cm-01-14.gif?dl=0

With what you have going on here this sounds like it needs replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete