Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2001 Dodge Diesel 3500 Truck. I replaced the fuel pump

Customer Question

2001 Dodge Diesel 3500 Truck . I replaced the fuel pump mounted on engine. The pump is an electric Carter HFP923. Nothing happened, no fuel. I checked the voltage to pump, it's 8.4 volts is this what it's supposed to be or do I have other issues. the pump specs. say 12 volts.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The voltage to the pump should be 12 volts. Does the pump come on when you crank the engine?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!