-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I cannot get my car to start. I shut it off when I pumped

Customer Question

I cannot get my car to start. I shut it off when I pumped gas then when I went to start it it made a little sound then nothing it won't turn over and crank but I do have power, all my dash lights come on and the heater comes on too, I have spark at the starter but can't get it to kick over when I touch a screwdriver to it but it sparks. I don't know how to tell if the starter fuse is bad there are two starter fuses and the fuse that is see through looks ok but no sure about the big black square one any ideas what it could be
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

So right now the starter will not engage? If not and you have 12v on the small wire at the starter then the starter is bad.. Have you tried spinning the engine over with a socket to see if the starter bendix is stuck?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to rate so I;m compensated for my time.

Follow up questions are free of charge.

Thanks,

Brad