rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2005 dodge magnum 2.7l v6 the speedometer just

Customer Question

I have a 2005 dodge magnum 2.7l v6 the speedometer just stopped working I did the cluster test it moves but not while driving the mileage is not reading as well I had a speed sensor replaced
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Ok, we need to do some bi-directional tests with a scan tool and get speed data while driving the vehicle with the scan tool attached to confirm what is really wrong.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My speedometer is not working.I did the trip test and it moves with all the rest of the gages & lights but when driving it doesn't work got a speed sensor replaced yesterday same thing happened
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Please perform my requested tests.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had the car checked out yesterday and had the speed sensor replaced but it's still not working!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Ok, if they did the testing that I requested, then to have a wiring problem.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.