rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Just purchased a 99 1500 nothing special after about 10

Customer Question

Customer: just purchased a 99 1500 nothing special after about 10 minutes the temp light came on for the tranny what is going on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: don't really knoe anything else as the owner said that this has happen several times
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

We need to first find out it it really is overheating by checking the coolant and tranny cooler. If it's not overheating, the the temp sensor for the trans is bad. You may also want to check for codes with a scan tool.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am pleased with your answer as I did check the coolant and it was satisfactory additionally I appreciate the heads up thanks and u get a 10 for your response thanks I'll try the sensor trick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks well try the sensor first
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

You bet, thank you too.