-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I'm stuck out on the road I. Was trying to hook up lights on

Customer Question

I'm stuck out on the road I. Was trying to hook up lights on my gooseneck trailer now my abs light and brake like light are on and my 4x4 won't disengage out of 4 low
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 min to see if a hard reset helps? If it doesn't you will need a scantool to see what codes it has to really know what's going on.. Without the codes you won't be shooting in the dark trying to fix it..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I unhooked both. Batteries for about one minute but no change also forgot to say my speedometer also stopped working all at the same time
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Let's hope not but you may have shorted out the TIPM which is the fusebox under the hood.. And at this point we will need the codes to start determining what happened.. You will need a scantool and not a cheap code reader to retrieve the codes from all the modules.. Once you have them post the codes here and I will tell you what happened..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I'll try to make it in to the nearest town and get a motel I'll let you know tomorrow what the codes are
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

We have seen a lot of TIPM fail because there is no fuse protecting it from a short which usually happens.. Hate to be the bearer of bad new but it alone is around 600.00, but let's just see what codes are setting and if you want to write them down then erase all them and then write down the ones that come back active..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there anything u can do to get it out of 4 low right now
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

I attached a wiring diagram to show you that the TIPM controls the transfercase and since everything now a days goes thru a module a scantool is required.. If you had a manual transfercase you would just pull the handle but since it's all electronic you will need to see what codes are setting to see what's going on.. I also attached a code for an example of what test needs to be done after you get the codes you have, so once you post them I will send you what to do to fix it..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

I see this question is still open, if you need more assistance feel free to reply. And if not I would appreciate a positive rating.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good morning brad sorry I'm just now getting back to you I've been hauling hay and been in an area that ihadno phone service. After our last text I drove my truck in 4 low into town and I quess I had over looked a blown fuse once I replaced it everything was back to normal I kept thinking it had to be a fuse but it was dark and my eye site is not good but thanks for trying to help but my truck is fine now I drove it all day yesterday.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

That is great news...

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi brad I didn't leave any feedback cause I figured out the problem myself you said the problem was probably the tipm I was told that I only pay the fee if I'm told how to fix the problem. When I went onto the site to ask what could be wrong I was stranded and desperate I needed an answer right then.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Without a positive rating I'm not credited for helping you.