Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

My 2003 Intrepid fuse panel and tail lights keeps blowing.

Customer Question

Customer: My 2003 Intrepid fuse for instrument panel and tail lights keeps blowing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just this fuse blew a couple of times. I replaced it each time but now every new fuse I put in blows as soon as I turn on the headlights. It's a "20" fuse and the instrument panel gauges stop working, the panel goes dark and the tail lights go out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 10 months ago.

That fuse goes to the park lamp relay and the instrument panel lights.

In the fuse block on the dash, remove the park lamp relay and put in the spare relay. Below is a diagram showing both of these relays. Try that and let me know if it works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/relays.PNG

If you would rather talk on the phone for a couple of extra bucks just accept the offer i will send. We can move much quicker and get this handled a lot sooner. I work from home and the shop and can get back to you whenever you call or if it works good, we can continue to test. Let me know please.
I get notified soon after you post so it wont be long before i can reply.
Thanks for trusting us with your issues.
LJ