-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dodge Grand Caravan Sport: Hey Jeff, I picked up an 06 Grand

Customer Question

Hey Jeff, I picked up an 06 Grand Caravan to replace my old 01 for carrying my RC airplanes. My 01 had crossbars on the rack, the 06 does not. I need to remove the ones from the 01 and put them on the 06. I can't figure how to get them off. Help!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer! Looks like Jeff is offline, do you still need help?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
if you still need help then here is how to remove the 2001 Luggage rack.. REMOVALRemove luggage rack front risers.Depress stanchion levers down until they click into the unlock position. (LUGGAGE RACK CROSSBAR). Work from side to side sliding the crossbar assembly forward moving a little at a time to ensure it remains perpendicular to the side rails.Remove crossbar from vehicle. And here is how to install them:INSTALLATION NOTE:The crossbar assemblies are designed to be installed in only one way. Check top and bottom surfaces of the crossbar for the word FRONT and directional arrows. The directional arrows must point toward the front of the vehicle.1.Place crossbar in position on vehicle.2.Work from side to side sliding the crossbar assembly back a little at a time to ensure it remains perpendicular to the side rails.3.Position first crossbar assembly crossbar at the second most rearward locator holes. Press the top of the stanchion lever to lock it into position.4.Position the second crossbar assembly in the second hole from the front. Lock into place.5.Place luggage rack riser into position.6.Install two fasteners into riser. Tighten fasteners to 4 mm (35 in. lbs.) torque. I hope this helps and thank you for the positive rating,Brad
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
Do you still need help with this? If not I would appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time.. Have a good evening,Brad