Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT where the headlights are

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT where the headlights are acting a little strange. While sitting in my car the with the headlights off they come on and then go off with no one touching the light switch. then a night when I turn them off and open the door they come on and then go off. If this a light relay or the headlight switch going bad or both. ***** ***** Ellis
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That is about it and it only started a few days ago. The car has about 74,000 miles on it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have an appointment I have to go to. I will contact you again when I return. ***** *****
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen this before and it is usually a failing TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). The TIPM is the underhood fuse box and contains electronic circuits for many of the vehicle's electrical systems including the headlights. Now it could be the switch but I doubt it because when you open the door the lights come on. I am pretty sure that your issue is with the TIPM. Any reputable shop or the dealer can connect their scan tool and check/diagnose the TIPM. They can also check the switch operation. Now if the TIPM needs to be replaced, figure on spending around $800.00 or so.

I hope this information helps, and please don't forget to rate my service today. If you have further questions, I will continue to help you even after you rate.

Thank you!!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you!