-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2005 dodge charger driver door lock not working properly

Customer Question

2005 dodge charger driver door lock not working properly works with remote but with switch it just relocks itself
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon...

You saying that when you unlock the door is locks back by itself? Will it lock fine and is this the only issue you have? What is the last 8 digits of your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the nob does not come all the way up but with remote it works fine 6h227440

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If the knob will not come up all the way then the latch is bad.. Are you going to be doing the repairs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but it comes up all the way when I use the remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If you don't have any codes in the DDM(Drivers door module) then I would replace the latch..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why the latch if it works fine with remote
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If will also need to make sure you don't have any codes in the MIC(Cluster) because it supplies voltage to the latch.. If no codes replace latch.

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ur not answering my question
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Your question is "2005 dodge charger driver door lock not working properly works with remote but with switch it just relocks itself"

Your cluster supplies voltage to the latch the same if you press the lock or use the remote which is why I asked you if there were any codes in the DDM or MIC. If no codes then I would replace the latch..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

POWER LOCKS

The instrument cluster locks or unlocks the doors when an actuation input signal from a door lock switch or Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter is received. The instrument cluster turns on the output drivers and provides a voltage level to the door lock motor for a specified time. All passenger doors can be locked or unlocked using a mechanical button mounted on the door trim panel. The drivers door can be locked or unlocked by using the key cylinder.

DOOR LOCK MOTORS

The door lock motors are controlled by the instrument cluster. A positive and negative battery connection to the two motor terminals will cause the motor to move in one direction. Reversing the current will cause the motor to move in the opposite direction.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Soon as I get the car stand I'll get back in touch with you
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time.. Follow up questions are free of charge..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

This is still an open question. Thank you for the positive rating so we can continue to assist you in the future.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Kenny I see where you have read my reply, but didn't leave any replies.. Can I ask why? Did you replace the latch? What's going on?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Kenny you are a subscriber so rating a expert is required so we can continue to help you..

Thanks and have a great weekend,

Brad