Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have a 08 charger. Was riding t a bump all the gauges came

Customer Question

Have a 08 charger. Was riding hit a bump all the gauges came on, brakes, check engine, abs, the gas gauge doesn't work, neither does speedometer. It also had a sign showing car was curving I guess!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually when you hit a bump and an issue like this occurs her this can be due to a fault with a loose electrical connection like a connection at the battery or leading from the battery to where the cables run and connect to.I have also seen connection issues at the fuse panels.If you have not checked the electrical connections at the battery as well as leading off of the battery for any issues this needs done.If a fault is found it will need corrected.Also make sure to check the connections at the fuse panels as well for any issues needing repaired.

If all of these were already checked and found o.k. this may be a fault with the instrument cluster itself as it is a computer on this model and controls these lights and the gauges.The contacts in the cluster can start to fail and cause an issue like this with a bump on the road causing poor connections in the instrument cluster.This would need to be tested further first having the fault codes read out to see what codes are set and then from there the cluster tested to see if it needs replaced.Instrument cluster failure on the Dodge and Chrysler models unfortunately can be common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

It is possible an internal ecu failure as well but most common is the battery cable connections or possibly a faulty with the ignition switch.