Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan that sometimes, more times

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan that sometimes, more times than not, when I turn the defrost on, it blows out the main vents.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details do you want? I select the defrost button, and instead of it blowing out of the defrost, it is blowing out of the main "body" vents
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. You have a sticking or binding HVAC mode dor actuator. I see this from time to time. Have a shop or the dealer check and replace the actuator. I am pretty sure that this will fix it.

If you want to replace it yourself, then let me know and I will be happy to send you the procedure

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send me the instructions, in case I can't get it into the shop today. Thanks.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Will do. It may be an hour or so befire I can do that, but will send it to you asap.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Found the procedure for you. Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the procedure. I hope this helps and if so, would you kindly rate my service today? If you have more questions, I will continue to help you even after you rate.

Thank you!

Chris.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue3d0bk8a5exhgi/RT%20mode%20actuator.doc?dl=0

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking to see if you got the procedure I sent.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris