Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro. I am having trouble with my

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro. I am having trouble with my heating system and with it being 5 degrees outside right now, that presents a pretty serious problem. When either the defrost or heat is selected, I get lukewarm at best heat coming out of the vents on the passenger side and completely cold air out of the vents on the drivers side. I have had the thermostat switched out, the antifreeze system flushed, but nothing has solved the problem. I have been told I need to replace the heater core, but I've also been told that with the Nitro that's a pretty intense repair as the whole dash has to come out to be able to get to the core. Are they right and is it a heater core issue, or could it be something else?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing is very likely as you have been told. The heater core is a very common cause on the Nitro and it is a big job, the heater plenum will need to come out and to do this you will need to remove the instrument panel. Before you consider doing this try placing your hands on the heater hoses at the firewall with a warmed up engine and check and see if both hose are getting nice an hot as they should be.