Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Is there any way to reset a 2014 Cummings when it goes into

Customer Question

Hello
Is there any way to reset a 2014 Cummings when it goes into limp mode. I am about 450km from a mechanic and it is only allowing me to go 8km per hour.
Please help
DEF tank is 3/4 full. outside temp is around -18C any advice would be appreciated.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You can reset and clear all fault codes by disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. That being said if the problem is still present then the fault codes will return and it will likely fail again. If that happens then the system will need to be scanned to retrieve the fault codes and the problem addressed from there.