Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge Caravan Grand Caravan turns over but will not start I

Customer Question

Dodge Caravan Grand Caravan turns over but will not start I check the spark plug wires and its not firing I check look for a fuse but I didn't find a few ignition fuse somebody said I am thinking it might be the shutdown switch module maybe I don't know but that's why I'm asking
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

What size engine in your caravan?

Do you have any test equipment?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The engine is a 3.3 liter v6 and I've got a couple little testing things but nothing serious you're not a test light and things like that but I know I'm prolly going to need

can you check for codes? See link to video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcq3xcRCCTI

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yeah I can do the key thing a friend of mine has the the code reader I can go borrow it and see what it does I'm about to get back with you in a little while then
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I checked it twice and it flash 10 times / 5 times and then hesitated and in flash 5 more

was there a pause in the 10 times? It should not flash that many times unless there is a pause.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yeah it was like the five best flash flash flash and hesitated for like a couple of seconds and flash 5 more and it didn't flash no more and I did it twice and it did the same thing both times

There is no code 55. There is a 54. Can you have someone read the code with a scanner?