Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

2002 dodge durango.ran hot blew head gaskets.removed heads

Customer Question

Customer: 2002 dodge durango.ran hot blew head gaskets.removed heads had them reworked reinstalled with new gaskets and timeing set,starts up good runs good.in park.put in drive stumbles will not go,i broke the oil sending unit wile working on it so it's not pluged in.can not haveing oil unit not pluged in cause this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like what
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

You failed to mention which engine this is.

No, I don't believe not having an oil pressure sensor plugged in would cause this.

At this point, I believe you should retrieve the computer codes. If you don't have a scan tool or code reader, I recently learned how to have a scan tool using a android smartphone from the dollar store for $20 and a wifi adapter to hook into the dlc and free software.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 10 months ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.