Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

05 Liberty v6no power at starter fuses good relay clicks

Customer Question

05 Liberty v6*****no power at starter fuses good relay clicks swapped it out still no crank
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Do you have a 12 volt test light handy so we can do some testing?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do but won't be back with vehicle until Monday morning if u give me what I should check I will check it out and get back 8 am Monday
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok good. What I would like you to do is to remove the starter relay and look on the bottom of it. You will see that the terminals are numbered. Locate terminal # ***** and see where it plugs into in the fuse/relay box. Now use the test light and see if there is power in cavity # ***** let me know. I will look for your reply on Monday!

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I feel it click
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, but is there voltage on cavity # *****?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know will let u know on monday
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Their is power at #30
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok good now get a jumper wire and jump cavity #30 to # ***** That should send power to the starter solenoid and cause the engine to crank. Let me know if it does.

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Their is nothing in the 87 whole no connector only 86 and 85
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It cranks in 86
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Some reason you're not responding to me anymore but I found another site on just answer and I've traced it down under his reading what's online both wires at the ignition switch red wires have power all the time but when I turn the key the blue and light red wire it does not get power
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Is there a yellow wire at the ignition switch? If so, that is the wire that sends a signal to the starter relay. By the way, when you jumped the relay and it cranked, will it start with the key on?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

I have had some issues with the site, but I think it is fixed. Do you still need help?

Chris