Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 103AA-06 transmission that i cant join with the

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 103AA-06 transmission that i cant join with the block which is a 2006 dodge charger 3.5L v6,, it seems the torque converter isnt going all the way in,,,it needs to go about 5/16" to join!! any suggestions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: removed from engine to swap block
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
upon measuring transmission housing with straight edge to talk converter i only have 1/2", not 3/4"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems the talk converter is not going in enough for some reason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! Is the torque converter sticking out of the transmission too far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have been looking at installation manual on alldata , but it seems internal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the torque coverter seemingly bottoms out and goes into the pump
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.

all you need to do turn have the transmission and engine sepperated and then turn the turn converter by hand while applying pressure to get it to seat in the trans properly it may take a little wiggling and changing direction while turning it there are three sets of splines that have to line up so it may take a few tries