b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist
13235514

First engine start shaking a bitt i open Egr valve cleaned

Customer Question

Customer: Hi first engine start shaking a bitt i open Egr valve cleaned out back in more smoke was coming tail pipe i did remove fuel injector cleaned
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: put in injectors change glow pug fuel filter i did start ones stay on for 15 min after engine lite came on i press gas padel shot off know crank no start 2004 Frighliner 2500
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
know i have code P0087
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where can i look repair manual i don't have can i download some where
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i my forgot i did install new Parts / EGR Glow plug Fuel filter Clean MAF AIR both side and spray with sensor cleaner
all this i done because Engine was Idle and Engine making more noise shaking
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! Can you give me more info on what vehicle/engine you are working on and what your issue is with the vehicle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi yes firs engine start idle motor was shaking
Is 2004 Frighteliner Sprinter 2500
Engine 2.7 ( 5 cyl Mercedes CDI Disel
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok does it on do this on a cold start? What parts have you replaced? How many miles are on your sprinter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
new Parts / EGR Glow plug Fuel filter Clean MAF AIR both side and spray with sensor cleaner
well idle cold and warm
arond 200 MILES
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CAN YOU CALL ME
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok first thing the mass air flow sensors can not be cleaned cleaner damages the sensor. If it has a rough idle both warm and cold that is most times an issue with the fuel injectors. Sorry i can not make a phone call right now but would be happy to keep helping you through chat.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
PROBLEM IS KNOW I CANOT START CRANCK NO START
BUT CODE IM HAVING P0087
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok that code if for fuel rail pressure too low which indicates an issue with either the low pressure fuel pump or the injection pump

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what i should try know
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

take the fuel hose from the fuel tank to the fuel filter off and stick it in a container and turn the key to the run position and see if any fuel comes out of the hose

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if fuel com put back in and try is any air concern in pipe ?
if not ?
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

does your truck have the clear plastic fuel lines on it? yours is right around when the changed the fuel systems

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no clear line black
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

the clear lines would be from the fuel filter up to the injection pump

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there are 2 line
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok any air in those lines is going to cause an issue

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
fuel filter is close to engine from filter/ 2 line are going to injector pump one supply one return right
so those line i think will be air in because when you change fuel filter one of the hose line go from filter to the injec pump
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

correct on those lines and there should be two pumps on the front of the cylinder head one is the low pressure pump and the other is the injection pump/high pressure pump

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
know is to cold -22 i cant try
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok your fuel may have jelled if it is that cold

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the next step to try fuel coming
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

let me know if you have two pumps on the front of the cylinder head if you do you don't have an in tank fuel pump so taking the line off the fuel filter will not help

Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

this is what the low pressure pump looks like if you have it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok then taking the hose off the fuel filter will not help if you can see air bubbles in the clear lines then you are picking up air in the system some where and the first thing to do would be replace the fuel filter and hoses and o rings

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
here picture
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok you have the other set up with the in tank pump so take the hose from the tank to the fuel filter off and turn the key to the on position and see if you are getting fuel to the fuel filter from the pump in the tank

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
other day yes i was getting alot but after is did shot of i dont know
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok recheck it and see what you have now

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

check to see if you are getting fuel to the fuel filter like i said earlier we need to determine if it is the fule pump in the tank causing the issue or the injection pump

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have fuel coming good pressure
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok the the issue is your injection pump on the front of the engine it will need to be replaced

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I must change $1200
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

yes the injection pumps are not cheap

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I my be any sensor I could check
Pressure regulated or any thing ?
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

you would need a scan tool that can read the sensor reading in order to see the pressure readings

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi as i mentioned beginning ( Hi first engine start Idle / shaking a bitt i open Egr valve cleaned out back in more smoke was coming tail pipe i did remove fuel injector cleaned and LAST PART i change FUEL FILTER
Installed new one and this problem no start came up new /u as Mechanical do you have any suggestion to be checked
i dont think pump related to that
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

did you remove one injector or all 5? you may have a blockage in the new filter

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dit open all. 5 was flowing Disel through / ful filter made in. China I just dit look at it
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

ok the only thing you can do is take the hose off the other side and see if you have fuel coming out