Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

When I press key start my truck starts door locks lights

Customer Question

When I press key start my truck starts door locks lights flash trucks runs but the alarm go on after a few seconds ????? cool start RS4-G5
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the key itself not being detected wirelessly needing replaced as I have seen before or an issue with one of the door locks not locking properly.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect the key itself may not be detected properly causing the key light to flash or lock light to flash and then shutting off the vehicle and the key batteries may need replaced or the key itself may need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete