Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I can not find a replacement shift cable 52110004AG Dodge

Customer Question

I can not find a replacement shift cable 52110004AG for my Dodge Dakota Quad Cab. No dealers have it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I found one at this site. You can have these guys ship it to you.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the cable.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/52110004ag

I hope this helps!!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They figure on their site, but nobody has it. It is all backorder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called all the major Mopar dealers, nobody has it. I am wandering, if this is the only part which will work my car or there is some aftermarket products maybe... or a good one from a salvaged 2002 Dodge Dakota.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

No aftermarket cable will work. It has to be the correct OEM cable. But a good one from a salvage yard would be just fine. That is probably what you should do at this point.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem is I am sitting in Hungary and here are not many Dakotas in the junkyard. Actually the exact number is ***** Can you connect me with somebody who could get me one? I can supply VIN and proper car type.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently that part is made by Magneti Marelli for Chrysler. I have wrote to them, waiting for their answer, but I am not optimistic. It seems, that they stopped supplying this part. This never happened to me before. I always could get the proper part for my 2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab. This is the first time I am stuck. Nobody has it.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok well send me the vehicle's Vin number and I will see if I can find one.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1B7HL48X62S542374
thank you.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I have found the cable. Mopar dealers .com has the cable for about $80.00 U S Plus shipping. Go to this link to see it:

http://www.mopardealerparts.com/p/DODGE__/CABLE-Shift--Used-After-121602/42369778/52110004AG.html

I hope this helps! and please be sure to rate my service if you get a chance!

Thank you.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lot of dealers "have it" on their site. They are all listing the cable, but nobody has it. Are you sure this is in stock?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Well I was able to "add it to my cart" so I am assuming that they do have it. So go and try and purchase it. If it goes through then it should be available and will be shipped to you.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that 4 times already. All ended with refunds. NOBODY has this cable. I just do not understand, why they are not screaming for it? I see people looking for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealers should push Chrysler to get this.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hmmmm, Maybe try calling a salvage yard here in the U S. If you wish I could send you some phone numbers.

Chris