rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 07 2500 keeps losing boost. check engine light on no

Customer Question

Customer: my 07 2500 keeps losing boost. check engine light on no error codes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: driving along and all of a sudden no boost. hard to maintain any speed above 45-50 after a while it will stop doing it. sometimes in a few hrs sometimes days
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You will need to use a regular scan tool to read these specific codes, NOT a code reader. There are some specific codes that don't get put into the PCM, but a body module instead. We need data from the computers.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will have to take it somewhere to have that done. The turbo and all sensors have been dealership replaced. I have a feeling they sold me a lemon. it only had 60k on it and had been through 4 auctions
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have a feeling it was in a flood and the computer keeps shorting out.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it smokes like a locomotive
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Yes, if it's smoking, then they also need to check compression and the turbo.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me later on too.