Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician with over 20 years experience.
1627031

I have a 2001 dodge dakota 3.9 engine when i have the engine

Customer Question

i have a 2001 dodge dakota 3.9 engine when i have the engine running and the lights on the dashboard lights flicker and the horn will go on and off . my mechanic doesnt have a clue thanx tim ***@******.***
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if this happens every time you drive it and if all of the symptoms always occur at the same time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
good morning it only happens when i have the headlights on . first the dash lights goes on and off several times, then the horn will go on and off , and it continues thanx tim

Thank you Tim. One last question. Does this seems to only happen when turning the steering wheel or can it happen at any time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it happens all the time sitting in the driveway in park or driving

Thank you. Most of the time when these circuits do this together is because of a short in the timer module. This is located inside of the dash and will more than likely need to be replaced.