-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have an 05 ram 1500, 5.7l hemi. Stalled while backing out

Customer Question

I have an 05 ram 1500, 5.7l hemi. Stalled while backing out of drive way, restarted and drove fine the rest of the day. The next day started the truck, then shut it down came back and tried to start it but it just cranked but wouldn't start engine light and lightning light came on. No other trouble codes. I replaced the battery, still have the same problem, I then changed the throttle body and still have the same problem.. could it be the starter? I dont know what else to do. I disconnected the battery and the engine light and lightning bolt lights come on as soon as I turn the key to the on position. Please help and thanks.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon.

What codes are setting in the PCM? Also the ETC throttle body will need to be relearned after replacing, was this done?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes in the pcm I tried to relearn the throttle body not sure of the correct procedure, can I do the relearn procedure and do I need special equipment?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Anytime you replace the ETC it needs to be relearned with a WiTech scantool that I use here at the dealership.. The ETC (lightning bolt) will illuminate until this is done..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get the scan tool or do I have to take the truck into a mechanic?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Unless your a shop that could use a $4,500 scantool, I suggest having a dealership relearn the ETC for you...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lughtning bolt is what is keeping it from starting?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

You may have other issues but I can guarantee you that since you replaced the throttlebody that it needs to be relearned before it will run properly...

Have you checked for spark or fuel psi? WHat codes are setting in the PCM?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with this?

If not I would appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a good evening,

Brad