Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I left my rear door open while trying to get my dog in the

Customer Question

I left my rear door open while trying to get my dog in the car. He ran off so I clicked the lock button on my remote key to make the horn sound. Once he got in, I went to start my car and it would only click. All lights, horn and electrical items work. I think I may have done something to my anti theft system but not sure. Tried pulling and replacing fuse 4, tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting also tried a few other quirky things like leaving driver side door open while hitting the unlock button then starting it. Still just clicking and dash lights blinking when I turn it over.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 11 months ago.

Hello there,

Lets try this. Using the key, lock and then unlock the driver side door 2 times and then get in and then close the door and turn the key on and wait for 15 seconds or so, then try and start it.

Let me know what happens please.

Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 10 months ago.

Hello.

I see that you viewed my answer at 5;03 p.m jan 6 and wondered if you had anything else to ask?

If you would rather talk on the phone for a couple of extra bucks just accept the offer i will send. We can move much quicker and get this handled a lot sooner. I work from home and the shop and can get back to you whenever you call or if it works good, we can continue to test. Let me know please.
I get notified soon after you post so it wont be long before i can reply.
Thanks for trusting us with your issues.
LJ