Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

With the Dodge I found the problem I fixed it you'll

Customer Question

Brian this is Randy with the Dodge I found the problem I fixed it you'll never guess what it is get back with me I'll tell you it's a shocker
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

I'm ready Randy.. Lay it on me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I installed my new spark plugs there was a piece of masking tape in the socket that I didn't see so when I put the socket on the spark plug and screwed it into the engine and then put my new wires on I didn't see any tape on the end of the spark plug so it wasn't getting spark I was running on 7 cylinders can you believe that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the problem when I was pulling each spark plug out to see if it was burning because they were new spark plugs I want to know if any cylinders were bad that's how I found it by taking them out again

Wow.. that was a bit unexpected I must admit. I'm glad you figured it out! I'm surprised you didn't have a misfire code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My check engine light is out now it's not on anymore the only code that it ran was my thermostat I need to change it and that's it truck runs great again

I'm really glad you got it figured out. I know that feeling of "FINALLY!!" It's a great feeling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to say thank you again you are a very big help to me seriously I wrote a good review about you

I appreciate that very much. Thank you