Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Greetings I had a 4806v remote started put in my 2001 Dodge

Customer Question

Greetings
I had a 4806v remote started put in my 2001 Dodge ram 2500 diesel about 2 weeks ago. It was working great until this past weekend after I tried to use the pit stop function (which initially didn't work). Now it will not start the vehicle. The 2-way remote starts the process by playing the chime indicating communication. There is a 15 second delay for the glow plugs, however after the delay the starter doesn't engage - it just cycles about 4 times before I get a tone on the remote indicating a no-start situation. I am not getting any flashing codes.
Any help would be great.
Cheers,
Robert
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert. Welcome to our site.

It seems that, since you had it installed only two weeks ago, both parts and labor should be under warranty from the people you got it from. Isn't that the case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, but it may take a few weeks before they will be able to work me in. I was wondering if it is possible that I may have caused the problem by pushing buttons on the remote while trying to use the pit stop function.

I understand.

I opened the Viper Auto Security homepage, but I don't see a phone number listed where they offer direct customer assistance. Instead they say to get customer support from the dealer who installed their product. To make matters worse, they don't have a page where I could download a repair manual; all of which means that, no matter how hard I try and want to help you, I'm as helpless as you are.

At least I've learned one thing after this frustrating experience: never buy anything from Viper Auto Security.

Best Regards.