Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

My car is throwing a code of p050d and has hard time

Customer Question

Customer: my car is throwing a code of p050d and has hard time starting and shuts down after it starts, but on high speed it runs ok.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it has to be cranked few times before it will start and when it does start it shuts down, if I hit the gas pedal after starting it is ok and drives ok. But again it takes many cranks for the initial start and has a code of p050d.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assiting you today. What is the year, make, model, and engine of this vehicle?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2007 DODGE CHARGER 2.7
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, thanks. let me check a few things and then get back to you.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

This code may be set by a throttle body issue or intake restriction. Check the air filter and intake between filter and throttle body. There may be a software update for this, so check with the dealer to see if the PCM (engine computer can be updated. Now I can send you a diagnostic procedure for this code if you wish. Let me know,

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
checked, no restriction between air filter and intake manifold, yes please send me a diagnostic procedure.
thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, will do that. It may be a little while before I can send it. I am away from my computer at the moment, but will get the procedure to you when I get back to it asap

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, below is a link containing the diagnostic procedure. Copy and paste that link into your browser's address bar and hit enter. It will open up in a Word format.

I hope this helps!

Chris

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvta81a4oj2ves0/P050D.doc?dl=0

.

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Below is the wire colors for the throttle body and PCM connectors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwbtib4pfdpgevq/THROTTLE%20BODY%202007%20LX%2027.doc?dl=0

.

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, were you able to see the procedures I sent you?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris