Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

My ram 1500 dash lights and radio console won't turn off

Customer Question

my ram 1500 dash lights and radio console won't turn off when ignition turned off?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

When you say dash light are you referring to the warning lights in the instrument cluster?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the background lights as well as the lights for the touch screen control panel and radio stays on, normally when i turn off ignition radio touch screen control panel stays on until i open a door then everything shuts off.

Is the radio still working or is it just the lights on it illuminated?

If you unplug the ignition switch does this cure the problems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you unplug ignition switch? it is a keyless ignition with a fob and push button.

Being its a push button system I do not believe you are going to be able to diagnose this at home. I am going to opt out and see if another wants to try.

Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello I have one thing for you to try and like Moose says and I agree this would be difficult for you to diagnose certainly without a scan tool and good multimeter.

But alot of times these systems go into "logic lock" This can easily be eliminated. You start by going to your battery and removing both battery cables. Rub the cables together and then clamp them together, do it making sure that the positive touches the negative cable it is normal to see a spark when first touching. While you have them clamped go inside operate your push button drop it down in gear if possible and then back in park. Then go back to your battery unclamp cables and hook up the positive first then the negative. Now start and see if you have fixed it

Hello sir have you had a chance to try that on your truck