Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My dodge truck is showing me different codes.sometimes a

Customer Question

My dodge truck is showing me different codes.sometimes a fuel odor inside my cab
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can post the code info here this will help.This may be a fault with the engine computer itself or voltage issues due to a weak battery or alternator or corroded battery cables all depending on the codes set here.The fuel odor is usually a small fuel leak in the engine bay area and the fuel vapors can be sucked into the vent system causing the fuel smell in the interior of the vehicle.

I would trace and check all fuel lines leading from the fuel tank to the engine as well as injectors on the fuel rail to see if anything is found to be leaking needing repaired.In some cases you may have to run your fingers across the sealing points and connections with the fuel system to see if you feel any fuel and if any leaks are found they will need repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete