b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist
13235514

I have a 2014 ram 2500 that was going to d- rate. Took it to

Customer Question

I have a 2014 ram 2500 that was going to d- rate. Took it to my dealer, they tell me its contaminated def fluid now they are going to charge me $3,800 to drop the tank, drain it. Why not run a delete and get rid of it for 1/2 the cost?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! You can do that but you would need to do it yourself or have a aftermarket shop do it. Dealers usually will not remove the systems because of liability issues. The only thing you may run into is having issues getting other emissions components covered under warranty. Ram gets really picky about the trucks being tampered with.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you b5demon. I just didnt want to pay almost $4,000 for fluid I bought at a local retail store and put into my truck right away.
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

you may want to check with you insurance company sometime they cover contamination issues like that

Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

let me know if you need any more help with this

Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

or in the future