Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I need a "spirit guide" to help walk me through

Customer Question

I need a "spirit guide" to help walk me through troubleshooting a couple of issues on a 95 Dodge Dakota that I am thinking about driving.. Someone that can tell me what the issues are with this model and help me decide if an issue is likely to be a money pit or a manageable fix.. I am a passable driveway mechanic & great observer, I usually work on my Honda ridgeline myself, so while I may not know what the problem is I can certainly follow directions to chase down the cause..
I do know the owner says it starts & runs fine It's a V6 auto 2 wd.. He does say it recently quit shifting out of first.. just hung up there.. I am going to go look at it & try to buy it cheap enough that I can fix it & still have a bargain.. Hope all that makes sense
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. That is actually a pretty reliable truck. However if it is stuck in first, then it could be just a valve body problem in the transmission or an internal hardware failure. Send me the VIN number and current mileage. I would like to look up the truck's option list

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your time. From the time I sent question the guy has already sold the truck.
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Oh, ok, well if you need help in the future, let me know!

Chris