camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

Replacing head unit in 2004 Ram 1500. Cannot find location

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Replacing head unit in 2004 Ram 1500. Cannot find location of amp so i can bypass it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Where is the amp located?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  camerontech replied 11 months ago.

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

the amplifire is located behind the glove box. i have included a diagram for you.

the front radio bezel and glove box assembly will have to be removed to access it.

some of these had an additional amplifier added to the premium systems depending on options. this one is located below the passenger seat

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will it be easier to remove passenger airbag assembly as well so i will have more room to work with?

i had a look again,

i did not see anything on having to remove the airbag.

just the glovebox, center bezel and lower right panel.

I will always remove what i need to though to make the job easier. if you can access the amp better, i would for sure remove the airbag.

just remember to disconnect the battery or airbag fuses.