Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 09 6.7 I let it idle on a cold motor 30 minutes

Customer Question

I have a 09 6.7 I let it idle on a cold motor for about 30 minutes then the check engine light came on put it on my computer and coded o2 sensor cleaned the sensor no help replaced it but in this process the truck computer is calling for a regen but it won,t go into regen just says to regen now 80% right on up to 100% then itsays starting to defuel all the time the motor is running and driving like nothing is wrong when I let it idle again it started the regen process it only lasted about 3 minutes
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

A forced regen will have to be done with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle.If you are using a scan tool that you can command the regen to operate and it only runs briefly and quits there is a good chance the DPF is plugged and may need removed and cleaned by a facility that can clean it or removed and replaced to correct this here.I have seen the DPF restrict and cause issues like this here with it needing cleaned or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
why does the engine run like there like there is nothing wrong and when it said it was going to start defueling it did not and ran fine and still does
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

This may be a calibration/software issue here that you are seeing.I have seen this in some cases before and a dealer had to re calibrate the system and check for any updated software to resolve this here.If this has not been checked for/done at all I would see if this corrects the fault here.

The only other issue I can see is an internal electrical fault in the engine computer itself causing a false warning like this.

Thanks Pete