Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Im ***** *****, I bought the factory heated/cooled seat 2013

Customer Question

Customer: hello Im ***** *****, I bought the factory heated/cooled seat for my 2013 ram 2500 BigHorn. The sales codes were added for the options but only the heated seat come up on my screen. Does something need to reset, or I'm I just missing something?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I had it coded the dealer tech said they were didn't know why is wasn't working because they controls option didn't even come up. After he shut it down, I went back to the truck to leave and then only the heated seats option come up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure. the last thing when I added the center console for the rear heated seats, the connector under the driver seat I can't seem to find where it goes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, did you purchase this new in 2013 and had this option added at the factory, or did you purchase it used and had the dealer install it?

And I will need the vin number so that I can pull the schematics for these seats

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3C6UR5JL0DG562132
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I brought the truck new in 2013 and brought the seats after from a 2013 truck and had the dealer add the sales codes recently
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, so this is actually dealer installed and not factory installed, which may make a difference in where the issue may lie. Ok, let me pull all the schematics and what is required for heating and cooling seats and have you check the vehicle for this components so we know whether this is a hardware issue with missing components/failed components, or a software issue. Give me about an hour on this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it's not a hardware issue for the front seats, but I do need the schematic for the rear seat connector from the center console that runs under the driver seat
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I have uploaded the wiring schematics for you. I am only finding heated seating schematics for yours. absolutely nothing on seat cooling, even looking in the hvac schematics where they sometimes put them shows nothing for seat cooling capabilities

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's because you looked at the bighorn instead of a Laramie
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I will have to opt out. I have looked under both the Bighorn and Laramie, and even looked under 2014 and I dont have any diagrams for seat cooling. I know it was available, but for some reason my software doesnt have them. If another expert has them, they will post here