Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** *****. my dodge will not start. i have been

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** *****. my dodge will not start. i have been driving all day and turned it off several times and started it back up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when you put the key in everything comes on but when you try to start the van it will not start and the lights inside the car will not go off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we need a few more details, what year and model is you Dodge as well as engine size are you working on? When you say it will not start are yo saying the engine cranks over but will not fire up or are you saying the engine will not crank over at all. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2013 dodge caravan and the engine will not crank
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay if you are dealing with a no crank concern, start first with making sure battery is fully charged and the battery cables are clean and tight. Are you able to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the battery cables are good and the battery is charged. The only code we have is p0010
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The code P0010 is a bank one camshaft position actuator code and should not case a no crank. In order to determine why it will not crank you are going to have to do some testing. I have enclosed the pinpoint test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/no%20crank%20Jan%202.pdf