sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2010 dodge ram code p0871 stall wen put in gear we replace

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 2010 dodge ram code p0871 stall wen put in gear we replace the transmission with reman
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: wee starting motor put in reverse and go ok put in drive stall engine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes if i go away il comme back tomorow wee replce all sensor on trans im atrans teck first time i dont fix the truck was at the deeler and the send it to me with code p0871 the dint want to fix it they said relace trans so i hade one in stock an i change it conplette reman thats all we do
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you, please my repsonse is based on the informantion that YOU provide, please leave nothing out of your story. Ok so the orignally issue was the check engine light? or the fact that that vehicle stalls when you put it into drive? Also what engine is in that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
il get back bit later engine 5.7
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0871 is for the overdrive pressure switch circuit. This could be a wiring issue or the pressure switch itself, or it could be a hydraulic issue in the trans. It sounds as if the torque converter clutch is coming on at a stop and killing the engine, which is likely a separate problem from the P0871.

What was the original issue with the trans?

Where did the replacement come from?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we are a transmission shop 5.7 engine wee instal reman trans with reman torque same problem stall engine went put in drive but ok in reverse cheque al wiring 2010 dodge ram 1500 did ane one hade that problem
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the light is on
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
dats original problem

What fault codes were setting originally?

Where did the replacement come from?