Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie CCLB DRW and it came

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie CCLB DRW and it came with all the factory LEDs, I accidentally turned the truck on without my rear tail lights installed as I was installing a aftermarket welding deck onto my truck which came with LED tail lights as well but I have resistors wired in for all the tail lights and I have a bunch of codes that same my license plate lamp is out same as my left rear and right rear turn signal and for some reason I can't reset it I unplugged my batteries for 30 min and still nothing
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What codes do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not have any codes just messages that show up on my dashboard saying left rear turn signal out, right rear turn signal out, license plate lamp out, reverse lights out

And you have the lights installed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The new lights yes with the resistors wired in
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not have the stock tai lights plugged in as I can't anymore as I used the driver side plug for wiring in my new deck

What about the passenger side? Can you hook it up just to see if that clears up the issue on the passenger side?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had to cut my harness for the light too so I could run the passenger side turn signal

How did you determine what resistor to use?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The resistors the deck company sent me, 50watt 6 ohm resistor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sent me 5, one for each circuit

OK. I think those resistors are only if your original bed did NOT have LED lights. Either remove one of the resistors and recheck that light or check the resistance of the stock LED bulb and the aftermarket LED bulb and see if there is a 6 OHM difference. My guess is they will ohm out the same. If so remove the resistors.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just unhook my resistors and disconnect my battery cables for a half hour or so to reset then my codes should be gone?

Yes. Except you dont need to unhook it for a half hour. Once the TIPM senses the lights are working properly it will quit giving you the errors.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. The question will stay open for follow up questions at no extra charge even after you rate my service. Just return to the same page to carry on.