Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

08 Caravan with no start. Come back the next day and it

Customer Question

08 Caravan with no start. Come back the next day and it starts fine but then it won't shut off and it remains running even after I remove the key. Shut down on its own 15 seconds later. Restarted a little later and it started throwing all kinds of codes. Unhooked the battery and it shut off a few seconds later. Left battery unhooked for about 15 minutes. Now back to no start, no radio, no dash lights, nothing except the odometer lighting up.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Are you saying that the engine is not cranking over now? Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no crank, no dash lights, no radio, nothing except odometer coming to life.Very high miles.............VIN 1D8KN44K48B137052
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. What is the battery voltage at?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at the vehicle, but when it started, started without a jump. Can get voltage if needed.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

YES, please do. Also, check the connection at the battery and after the battery. Also, check to make sure all of the fuses under the hood are good and that they all have FULL battery voltage on them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May take a bit but will be back. Did you get my initial info about it not shutting down when it did start and all kinds of warning lamps going on and off?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

YES, I did get it. And if you could get me the codes in the computer that would also be a big help. Plese feel free to request a phone call on your end so we can chat over the phone as it will go much faster.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

.