Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My husband's 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 cranks, but will not start.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - my husband's 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 cranks, but will not start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hmmm....it is a Hemi motor. He said that he does not hear the fuel pump.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: He just rebuilt part of the motor, and it was running fine. He said that he added a fuel additive the other day...he is not sure if that has anything to do with this issue.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the truck died on him or just refused to start all of a sudden?