Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  25 years automotive expierience, Nissan factory trained, Subaru factory trained.
2921078

Name is Curt. Have a 66 slant 6 and only get spark from the

Customer Question

Customer: Name is***** a 66 slant 6 and only get spark from the coil when turning key on or off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: working on a no-start. have fuel but no spark.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  John Bryant replied 1 year ago.

Hi Curt, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to Just Answer. I am an ASE Certified Auto Technician with 45 years of real world experience in dealerships and the aftermarket. I was the owner of a facility for 20 of those years. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution. I will also make every effort to give all of the information you may need with the expectation you will give me a positive rating. Please be aware that I am usually working with a few people at a time so it may take a few minutes to respond OK.

Have you updated the vehicle to electronic ignition?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Curt,

Do you still need assistance with this?