Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

All lights came on in dash.. shifted funny. shut it off

Customer Question

all lights came on in dash.. shifted funny. shut it off hooked up snap on scanner. says ( no communication ) n truck won't start
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
don't have the vin on me... but I pulled out fuse 6 from engine fuse box and it started right up.. then I put fuse back and no start.. that fuse controls electric viscous drive fan. . if that goes bad will it make all lights come on on dash and make trans shift funny.. since from what I hear that fan is supposed to have 5v off ignition and when I goes bad it typically back feeds 12 through brown wire and to all other 5v modules...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3d7ks28c86g172672
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! YES, this fan does get a 5 volt reference from the ECM. It is possible that this 5 volt reference is getting shorted out pulling the ECM off line. This will cause a no communication issue and no start issue like you were experiencing. It sound like the viscous fan clutch is has simply gone bad and needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
with that being bad will it cause trans over drive off light to come on along with trans gear and make it shift funny? all started happening at same time
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Absolutely!

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just got the part today will be replacing in morning.. can I contact u if it doesn't fix it and I have further questions?
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

You bet! I will be more than happy to help.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

Please let me know and I will be happy to help!

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

.