Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2007 dodge nitro 3.7 i have i had the hazards running 1 hr

Customer Question

2007 dodge nitro 3.7 i have i had the hazards running for about 1 hr when i went to start car i had no power at all in the cab. i put a new battery in. still no power in the cab i have power under the hood to the fuse box. i replace the tipm everyone told me that what it was. but i still have no power in cab the only thing that works in the car is the power seats. im lost
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Before you do anything else or replace any more parts try doing a reset on the TIPM, to do this, disconnect both battery cable and touch them together which will reset it. After doing so, reinstall the cables and recheck the operation of the lights.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no good nothing please respond my text if you can im leaving the office(###) ###-####
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

When you replaced the TIPM was it reconfigured?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i got a rebuilt unit from dodge if that what you ment by reconfigured
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Any time the TIPM is replaced it must be reprogrammed for your car. See what they say below. If it was not then that may very well be the problem you are having.

The original Cabin Compartment Node (CCN) and Powertrain Control Module (PCM) must be installed and functioning properly prior to powering up the new Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM). The TIPM receives vehicle configuration data from the CCN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) information from the PCM. If configuration information becomes lost or corrupted, the data can be obtained from DealerCONNECT

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i asked the dealer if the tipm needed to be flashes they said to turn key to the on position for 12 seconds and that will program the tipm. . i dont think i have any power coming out of the ignition. so im wondering how its going to activate the tipm if theres no power
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If you have no power out then you are right, its not coming to activate the module. Unfortunately this is not likely something that can be resolved in this forum and is going to require some hands on testing. Has the computer system been scanned and if so where there any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have a scan tool i will scan it and get right back to you
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay , let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where is the test port at on these things
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Its located just under the dash right below the steering column. See the link below , copy and paste it to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DLC%20Dec%2030.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
nothing i dont believe i have any power at the test port. i have full power at the fuse box the only thing in the cab that works is the power seats, strange !!!!!
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Yes it sure is, Power to the DLC comes from the TIPM. Do you have power at the M28 fuse (10 amp) in the TIPM?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
power in and out of m28 it almost seams to me to be some type of security system!! to shut down power to the cab like that but theres no added on this car system is there a factory system?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

It seems to me like you have a problem with the TIPM. The security system would not shut down power to the cab. It would keep the engine from starting.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is there a way to test it out side the car.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately no there is not.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

I think you best bet is to return to the dealer that sold it to you hand have them recheck it for you. Something is not right here for sure.