Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 97' Ram 4wd with a ghly modified Magnum engine. 5.2

Customer Question

I have a 97' Ram 4wd with a highly modified Magnum engine. 5.2 race block now 440 cid, Indy heads & twin turbos. Billet 46re trans. using a piggy backed FAST EFI system. I want to move this drivetrain into a 2006-07 Hemi Mega Cab. What will I need to do for the computer to work?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will most likely need to swap over all components including engine wiring harness and computer and may need to modify wiring to the body components and may need special programming.This may be difficult to do as this will interfere with the body control computer and instrument cluster to where it may not even start and run in the newer model as the body computer and instrument cluster will not recognize the computer and wiring.it isnt best to do this as there may be lots of modifications needing done to the internal wiring in the vehicle,cluster,body control computers,engine computer,transmission may need swapped out as well,engine mounts,radiator,etc.This can be an expensive swap over that may not fully work to allow start up with the newer model looking for specific info from the computer that this will not give it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete