Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a Dodge Durango 2006 and the power windows and sun

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I have a Dodge Durango 2006 and the power windows and sun roof all stopped working. The mirror control still works, and the auto locks up and down switch works. I went to a junk yard and plugged in a master switch into the front driver door, but didn't change anything.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The door lock works to unlock the doors, but has a hard time locking them.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Let me try youtube.com first.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: If it 100% helped me fix the problem I would happily pay $20
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid. Now what?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1D8HD48N26F115530
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. One minute while I pull up your vehicle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked the circuit breaker in the left kick panel junction box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I was reading that it was a self resetting circuit. How do I check it?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You can just check and press the circuit breaker to see if it has tripped. It will pop out just a bit if it is tripped. All you do is push it back into place.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

But if that is not it, then it might be a bad headlight switch or dimmer switch at fault. Also, check power to the headlight bulbs just to be sure they are not getting power.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find the circuit breaker. Can you send me a picture of where it is? Is it to the right of the fuse box on the drivers side by the feet?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, that last response was suppose to go to another customer.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Both customers I am working with may have an issue with circuit breakers. :). YES, I will find you the location for your circuit breaker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I think it is going to be the middle one 25 amp C81

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see anything that looks like this diagram. I have one fuse box by the passengers feet, then some other wires etc...to the right of that, then two fuse boxes under the hood. Where is this diagram showing?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Here is a pic of the junction block locations.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

My references are not specific telling me which one, so just be sure to check all circuit breakers in there first before we continue. However, I have a feeling that is going to be the issue. Keep in mind if the circuit breaker blew, there might be a bad motor on that circuit pulling too many amps needing to be replaced.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see everything in the second diagram that you sent, but I still don't see any circuits that are popped? Are you talking about unplugging c1 c2 c3 and c4 in the diagram?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You wont see them if they are popped. Circuits breakers dont pop. Fuses will pop. You will need to take them out and reset them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I pulled out each and everyone of the fuses, 10, 15 and 25 fuses and all were ok. What now?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Then you check power for power going into the drivers window switch with the key on. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that? I don't have a meter to check power wires. I can tell you that the auto door lock still works on the same switch so I assume it has power but it is very weak.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You can use a test light or voltmeter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have one. I'll have to go buy one and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.