Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** ***** romero. I am researching this husband

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** romero. I am researching this for my husband he is working on a cummins 5.9 2007 dodge2500. The truck wont start but the crank and cam signals are good.. What does he need to look for?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: engine was taken out of the truck. had a complete overhaul on the engine. truck was down approx 6 weeks. put all back together. getting 36 pounds of fuel pressure. all it does is spin.. doesn't even try to fire.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes sir. it came into his shop running and now it does not. could it be a security issue?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you have him start with having the computer system scanned to see what faylt codes are that should be setting. Post back wit the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No codes when the computer is plugged in.. Just spins
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If the engine is not starting there really should be a fault code and or codes setting. Unfortunately with having something to go on this is going to be next to impossible to resolve.