Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

, Cruise control stopped working on the ghway. "cruise

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cruise control stopped working on the highway. "cruise light not illuminating on dash. 2006 ram1500 4x4
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I enetered my card info
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Im not sure what the comment about entering your card information is related to but I have nothing to do with billing.. if you have a billing related question I can forward you on to the billing department.. Just let me know.

As far as your cruise control issue goes the only thing you can check is the switch if you have a multimeter. Any further diagnoses requires a factory level scan tool. With the electronic throttle there is no servo or anything.. everything is ran through the modules and the only way you can see what they are seeing is with a scan tool.

If you have a meter and want to check the switch let me know and I can walk you through it. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do have a meter. how do you do the check

At the PCM backprobe pin 18 of connector C3 (the black one) checking voltage while pressing the cruise control buttons. Each button should give you a different voltage. If so the switch is fine and further diagnoses will be required which will require a scan tool. If you can get the scan tool I can walk you through further diagnoses on it if needed.

If you do not get different voltages with different buttons the cruise control switch is bad and needs replaced.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is this connector located

Its the bottom connector on the PCM which is located at the right rear of the engine compartment. I am attaching a diagram that shows the PCM location.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK I will give this a try and let you know what happens.

Sounds good. I will be standing by. THanks