Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 liter hemi Laramie I can't get it to

Customer Question

Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 liter hemi Laramie I can't get it to disengage out of four wheel drive low
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Try driving forward and then through the transmission in neutral while the truck is still moving, then shift out of 4 low. Let me know if that works.

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No didnt
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wow I had just received your message I don't no why hmmm ya I tried that but no luck
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, then there is a problem with the transfer case. When you turn the knob, can you hear the motor on the side of the transfer case make any noise?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No u don't hear nothing
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, you have a failed transfer case motor, a failed transfer case control module or failed switch. A dealer scan tool may be needed to diagnose this properly. But let's try doing a module reset. With the ignition switch off, disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. See if you can now get it 5o come out of 4 low. Let me know.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris